Episode 013: Creating Good Habits and Successful Sales with Jennifer Magley
Episode 013: Creating Good Habits and Successful Sales - With Jennifer Magley
Jennifer Magley -Jennifer Magley is and Entrepreneur, High Performance Coach, Speaker, and Author. She is the founder and owner of “OPEN GYM INDY” Indiana’s Fitness Service where you can go to unlimited fitness classes at over 40 different gyms. A University of Florida graduate, former professional athlete, Division I head coach, and activist she has received national media coverage by USA Today, ESPN, Heart & Soul Magazine, BRIO Magazine, Active Life Magazine, The Kansas City Star, The Indianapolis Star, and IndyStyle TV among others. Jennifer is an in-demand speaker and served on the board of local nonprofits COBURN Place, The Patachou Foundation and is a 2018 Make-A-Wish Women Inspiring Strength and Hope Honoree (W.I.S.H.) in Indianapolis, IN. She is a single mother of two young boys.
How are your habits and do you struggle with change? Does the term “Work/Life Balance” leave you frustrated? Do you struggle with sales or don’t know how to communicate with prospective clients? Then THIS jam-packed episode is for you!
- How to get clear on exactly what you want, take action, and replace your bad habits with good ones.
“We all have habits. The good news is when you create good ones, you’re a slave to them.”
- How Jennifer utilizes the 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins and how to reprogram your brain to do something different (and how it helped her run 10 miles without stopping!)
- Starting new habits and being successful.
- The great tool for breakthrough - The Immunity Map - and how to identify what areas of life you’re self-sabotaging.
- How to identify what excuses you might be using to keep you from living the life you really want.
“What is it that you are more committed to than actually changing?”
- Jennifer talks about defeating the Work/Life Balance Unicorn in her own life. She explains, as entrepreneurs, how to approach the concept of “Work/Life Balance” as “Work/Life Blending” instead.
- Recognizing how phrases like “work/life balance” and “being on brand” are limiting.
- Jennifer knows what it’s like to talk sales, and gives great advice on how to handle “Nos” in the sales world, her number 1 tip for sales, and overcoming barriers when it comes to closing a sale.
- Where to begin when you don’t know where to start with sales, how to maneuver cold calls, and what alternate choice ask is all about.
“You always want to give your prospective clients options.”
- Jennifer talks about her high, low, circular technique.
- Knowing when to use systems and processes and when to keep communication more personal.
- How lunch is related to a successful ask in a sale.
- Jennifer talks about what body matching is all about and how that translates to a sales environment.
- Setting the stage for a prospective client to say yes.
“Sales or having a business is not something you’re good or bad at, it’s just something we all have to keep growing at.”
- Jennifer shares her top resources and where she sources data, research, and statistics.